This German Apple Cake recipe is fairly inexpensive to make; about $4.09 for the entire cake or $0.51 per slice. The bulk of the cost comes from the one stick of butter and fresh apples.
I love German food. I have often found myself googling German specific recipes for my family dinners. Honest, delicious wholesome food. This apple cake recipe will sure please your tastebuds and make you a celebrity dessert chef for the evening.
- 1 stick butter softened…[$1.00]
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp. white granulated sugar …[$0.30]
- 2 large eggs …[$0.46]
- 1 cup all purpose flour …[$0.23]
- 1 tsp. baking powder …[$0.04]
- 3-4 medium apples …[$2.00]
- 3 tbsp. powdered sugar …[$0.06]