Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole is an easy casserole made with cornbread stuffing and two types of cheese. With chicken and broccoli in every bite, it’s a filling meal the whole family will love.
Casseroles are one of my favorite things to make for a family meal. They are economical, feed a crowd, and leftovers reheat well.
This Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole can be assembled in 10 to 15 minutes and then it just needs 30 minutes to bake.
Start by sauteing some diced boneless chicken breast and chopped onion. You don’t need to worry about getting the chicken cooked all the way through. It will finish cooking in the oven.
Mix the chicken and onion together with a can of condensed cream of chicken soup and a can of condensed Broccoli Cheddar Soup. The soup will add even more broccoli and cheese flavor to the casserole.
Just add the cans of soup undiluted, straight out of the can.
For cheese, add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and 5 slices of American cheese cut into pieces, plus a bag of thawed frozen broccoli and some cornmeal stuffing mix. As with the soup, add the stuffing mix straight out of the box or bag, without adding anything to it.
Transfer the mixture to a 9×13-inch baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. So easy!
- 3 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 2 packages (10 ounce) frozen broccoli cuts, cooked and drained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounce) 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- ¾ cup non-fat evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Italian-flavored dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cooking spray
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together the cooked chicken and broccoli.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the soup, milk and lemon juice. Add this to the chicken and broccoli and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the shredded cheddar. Toss the bread crumbs and parmesan together and sprinkle evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly.
Yummy, Please make sure to Like and share this Recipe with your friends on Facebook!