- 1 jar (28 ounce) spaghetti sauce (look for a lower-calorie/lower fat one, spicy is amazing!)
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 15 ounce container of fat free ricotta cheese or fat free cottage cheese
- 1-2 cups chopped raw vegetables, such as mushrooms, broccoli, bell pepper, zucchini
- 8 ounces shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat over to 375. Spray an 11×7 dish with cooking spray. Spread 1/3 of the sauce on the bottom of the dish. Arrange 3 noodles in a single layer over the sauce. Top with another 1/3 of the sauce, all of the ricotta cheese, the vegetables, and 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese. Lay the next 3 noodles on top. Spread the remaining sauce over the noodles. (Some people also drizzle 1/4 – 1/2 cup of water around the edges, though I don’t.)
- Cover the dish tightly with foil. Bake about 1 hour or until noodles are tender. Take the foil off. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese, and bake uncovered for 5 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
- 6 servings, 6 POINTS each
- Tips: It’s important to put the foil on the pan tightly because it’s the steam that cooks the noodles. If you remove the foil but find the noodles aren’t completely cooked (poke them with a knife), use a spoon to push the noodles back down under the sauce. Recover the pan with the foil and return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes. If you take the foil off and the lasagna looks “soupy”, remove the foil and return the pan to the oven for 10 minutes or until the juice has evaporated. Then sprinkle on the cheese and finish baking.