A HEARTY AND DELICIOUS SOUP THAT WILL WARM YOU INSIDE AND OUT.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- ¾ pound beef stew meat cut into ½ inch pieces
- ¼ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced (about 1½ cups)
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, diced (about ½ cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or 2 teaspoons minced garlic in a jar
- 6 cups low-sodium beef broth
- One 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, with their juices
- ½ cup pearled barley
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
CLICK NEXT TO CONTINUE READING.