my family celebrates Chinese New year. we have 2 big dinners- one on new year’s eve and another the day after.. SO much yummy food!! (oh and i’m married & in my 30’s and still get red envelopes LOL) My mom also makes banh chung and the sticky brown sugar -nian gao too ?
Number of Servings: 4
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Dash black pepper
This makes four servings, 3 oz per person
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan
2. Brown the garlic in the butter
3. Add chicken breasts to garlic and butter and cook thoroughly, adding pepper as you like it.
4. When chicken is fully cooked add brown sugar on top of each breast
5. Allow the brown sugar to melt into the chicken (about 5 minutes)
6. Serve with your favorite carb, and veggie or salad. We usually have rice or noodles and carrots or green beans.
- WW SP: 5
- Calories 166.4
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 68.2 mg
- Sodium 87.7 mg
- Potassium 173.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 19.4 g
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!