- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 large egg whites room temperature
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 5 Tbsp extra fine sugar
- Gel Food Coloring optional
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Draw circles, about 1 inch in diameter, on the back of 2 sheets of parchment paper. Line 2 baking sheets with the parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg whites until they are light and foamy.
- Add the extra fine sugar and cream of tartar.
- Continue to beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Sift the flour and confectioners sugar into the egg whites.
- Fold the egg whites and flour mixture together until combined.
- If desired, add gel food coloring.
- Place the batter in a piping bag, or use a Ziploc bag with one tiny corner snipped off.
- Pipe out circles onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Let the macarons stand before baking for about 15 minutes.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove the macarons from the sheet and fill with desired frosting or filling.
Entire recipe makes 10 servings
Serving size is about 4 cookies
Each serving = 6 Smart Points/3 Points
PER SERVING: 123 calories; 4g fat; 0g saturated fat; 20g carbohydrates; 18g sugar; 3g protein; 1g fiber