“This is a great, very flavorful soup. Good for serving at luncheons or special gatherings with a quiche. To make this soup a little fancier, add 1 cup sliced mushrooms and 1 cup white wine with the onions.”
For years, I wished that I could duplicate the broccoli and cheese at Chili’s, where I worked in college. But since it wasn’t made at the restaurant, I couldn’t. Now, THIS recipe is as good, if not better than Chili’s and every other restaurant B & C I’ve tried.
- 3(14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2(1 lb) bags frozen broccoli
- 1(10 1/2 ounce) canrotel brand tomatoes and green chilies
- 10ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product
- Mix chicken broth, frozen broccoli and tomatoes and chilies together.
- Simmer for 25 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Cube Velveeta and put into soup pot.
- Simmer just until cheese is melted.
- This recipe freezes and refrigerates well. I make a large recipe at the beginning of the week and use it to snack on when I’m in danger of breaking my diet. I can have a large bowl and some crusty bread with it and still be under 5 points.
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
WW SP: 2