- 2 tablespoons of light butter or margarine
- 9 oz Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles (already cooked)
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 2 cups of milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 cup of non fat greek yogurt
- 1 cup of self rising flour
- In a bowl, mix the flour and greek yogurt together until a ball of dough forms. Place the dough onto a floured work space on your counter top and need the dough. Using a biscuit cutter, cut out 8 equal biscuits and place them on a sheet pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- While the biscuits are baking in the oven, make the gravy. In a medium non skillet skillet, melt the butter. Add the already cooked sausage to the pan and stir until the sausage is warmed up. Add in the flour and whisk for 1 to 2 minutes or until the flour has completely dissolved. Next, add the 2 cups of milk and bring to a simmer and add the spices. The sauce will be ready when you can run your finger along the back of the spoon and it leaves a clear lining.
1 biscuit + 1/2 cup fo sausage gravy is 5 smart points
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!
Open Next Page To See More