Looking for an easy side dish to add to your dinner table? This Banana Split Fluff Salad is an easy fruit salad to put together. You stir everything into one bowl, and it’s ready to go.
Now this is how I like to eat my salad…full of fruit, nuts, marshmallows…and chocolate. Yes, you read that right. This salad has chocolate in it.
Now I know what you are thinking. There is no way this should be called salad. Well, technically this is more like a dessert because it has pudding and marshmallows in it. But hey, if I call it salad then I can eat a second helping, right?
My mother-in-law makes a pistachio fluff salad that I absolutely love. You probably have had this same fluff salad at church potlucks or barbecues. It’s been a staple dessert salad over the years.
- 1 – 3.4 ounce box instant banana pudding
- 1 – 20 ounce can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 1 – 8 ounce container Cool Whip
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts + 2 Tablespoons for garnish
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 – 10 ounce jars maraschino cherries, halved
- Stir together the pudding mix and pineapple until dissolved and thickened.
- Fold in the Cool Whip with a spatula.
- Gently stir in the marshmallows, nuts, chocolate chips, bananas, and cherries.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour to chill. Makes about 8 cups salad.
*Stir in the bananas right before serving. Or dip the banana slices in lemon juice to keep them from browning too quickly.
WW points: 6
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!
Yummy, Please make sure to Like and share this Recipe with your friends on Facebook!