Have you ever woken up to swollen fingers or ankles? What about the feeling of a tire around your waist? When your body holds onto excess fluid, things can get really uncomfortable. Thankfully, there are a few ways you can beat fluid retention.
Along with cutting back on the iodized salt and working out more, your diet plays a large role in beating fluid retention. Below are 20 diuretic foods that work to stimulate the kidneys to produce more urine and relieve you of uncomfortable bloat. Along with helping you to un-puff, these foods will help you drop a few pounds and lower high blood pressure.
One of the best things you can do for your health is to start drinking lemon water in the morning. Lemons don’t just make your water taste better, they also help reduce high blood pressure, alkalize the body, flush out harmful toxins, and feed the body beneficial vitamins and minerals.
If you aren’t a huge fan of lemons, don’t worry. You don’t have to eat the actual lemon wedges to reap their amazing health benefits. Rather, the potency comes from the juice. So add some lemon juice to warm water, stir in a little organic honey, and drink up!
Once you begin drinking lemon water, you may notice yourself taking more trips to the bathroom. If you’re urinating more frequently that means it’s working! It’s no wonder lemons have been used to treat cases of urinary tract infection!
A lot of people link oats to heart health since they can lower high blood pressure and bad cholesterol levels. What a lot of people don’t know, though, is oats are also considered a natural diuretic. That’s because oats are rich in water-soluble B vitamins along with potassium, a mineral that regulates water levels in the body. It works by competing with sodium to make sure your body stays hydrated. So just in case you were looking for another reason to start your morning off with a warm bowl of oatmeal, you’re welcome!
This popular vegetable has an extremely high water content (about 95 percent). For that reason, munching on celery can help flush your system and get you to “go” more often.
According to the Institute of Medicine, about 80 percent of the water you consume comes from beverages, while the remaining 20 percent actually comes from food. Celery is one of many hydrating foods. If you don’t care for the taste of it or just don’t like the texture, try adding it to a diuretic smoothie with other fruits and vegetables found on this page. You’ll be giving your body a big boost of nutrition. Plus, fresh juice is extremely easy for your body to digest.
CLICK NEXT PAGE TO CONTINUE READING …